Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I worked 14.5 hours today. The last five hours were driven by four glasses of fresh brewed iced tea.

Many a time whilst drinking my earl gray tea, it has grown cold in the "savoring." To my surprise, I found the cold tea fairly tasty. Each time it grew cold, I thought I should just brew some for the refrigerator on purpose. However, I would forget the plan shortly thereafter. Last night, I finally remembered.

All day at work, I thought about the pitcher I brewed and then laced with honey, wondering if it would taste as good as I was anticipating. The answer: ABSOLUTELY YES!

Whether I can reasonably ascribe my hyper-productivity to the tea or not, I caught up on all that was outstanding in my inbox and on my lists at work save for the communications items that have been set aside in lieu of copious amounts of grants management tasks.

It is a most wondrous feeling to go to sleep with an empty inbox and the lingering taste of sweet iced tea on your tongue!

No comments: