Monday, August 18, 2008

My beloved puppydog does NOT have cancer! I am ever so happy that his test results came back negative.

He has lost two pounds, which is a substantial sum for a dog his size, but he did finally eat tonight.

His vet, after pumping him full of fluids again, suggested I make him scrambled eggs and soft food for a meal. I barely turned around after setting it down before I looked back and found it rather empty. I would be hungry, too, if I had only had one-half can of food over a seven-day period. I cannot keep feeding him eggs because of the danger of protein with his hepatic shunt. However, a judicious use of culinary bribery just might do the trick.

The strong antibiotics and painkillers may be the culprit to the dearth of appetite in a puppydog who heretofore believed most emphatically that if you were eating then he should eat, too! He has only three days left of both. We shall see if clearing them from his system turns the tide.

No comments: