Saturday, February 04, 2012

From one floor to another...


After making my way upstairs last night, I was only in bed for a short time before crawling to the bathroom.  Both problems in one night is just not fair.  I want to stomp my feet and have a right good temper tantrum, only I was too busy writhing on the floor in agony.

I have been doing so very well, so very well. I have been eating smaller amounts and more frequently...never  gaining the 6-8 small meals a day goal, but consistently 4-5 time of less than I had been eating when I had 1-2 meals a day.  Weeks have passed without awaking ill and spending a few hours writhing on the bathroom floor wishing Jesus would just come and fetch me.

Waves of nausea, terrible abdominal cramps, vomiting, shaking, and dizziness all plague me as my innards object to whatever work they are doing at the time.  The pain in my abdomen is so bad that I cannot bear even a t-shirt touch it.  There is no comfort to be found at such times.  All I can do is endure, for I know it will pass. I will be tired for a while and then it will be as if the trial never happened.

I texted Leslie and asked if she could bring me some Cheerios.  Someone suggested that I could have that kind of cereal once my beloved Fiber One cereal started making me so ill.  Eventually, I remember to purchase a box, and yesterday was the first day I did not have a bowl. So, yes, I was desperate enough to think that I would have felt better had I not broken the routine I had established with what I have been eating.  Plus, I have been drinking a Ginger ale with cranberry juice every night.  I had run out of juice, too.  Leslie brought me both.

I have just had a bowl of cereal.  Later, I will have some Ginger ale and juice.  Tonight will be better!


Lord, have mercy.  Christ, have mercy.  Lord, have mercy.

1 comment: