Saturday, February 18, 2012

Good cable guys actually exist...


Nineteen days after trying to cancel service, my cable and home phone service is finally canceled.  Five appointments later (four of them no shows/no calls), these services are finally canceled.  However, I do not have DSL!  I still have FIOS service, just half the speed I previously enjoyed.  Given that my speed is still 15/5, which is crazy fast, I am exceedingly pleased at the moment.

The unbelievably kind cable man came in and asked me if I would help him understand why I wanted to switch from a great service to a poor one...asked very kindly mind you.  I almost burst into tears, but the stronger hormones are taking effect, so I managed to hold back the tears and merely tell him what I was trying to accomplish.  After four phone calls, he got my account switched to FIOS stand alone Internet service, which is $25 less than what the DSL service was going to be!

The very pessimistic Myrtle I have become will not believe it until I see the bill.  However, I should now be saving $100 a month with just this change, $130 with both the cell phone and media changes.  Add that to the $70 savings between the lowered mortgage and car insurance, and we have a $200 change in basic living expenses.  Still, this is a drop in the bucket for what I need giving all the medical mess, but I was very thankful that two days after I start a new medication that is more monthly money I learn my Internet will be less monthly money.

So kind was he that he did not mind that I was puking throughout his visit.  I am not sure if it is still the utter folly of eating the free pizza (okay...eating 4 slices of the free pizza) or the new medication...for I was rather nauseous yesterday morning without having previously consumed pizza the day before.  I am actually hoping it is the continuation of the innards distress I battled all blooming night.

Pizza is now on the Verboten List, along with Chinese food, Ding Dongs, grilled cheese, Wendy's frosty, and foods with high fiber in them (like bran muffins or my beloved cereal).  I would have to be with someone helping me with will power and the pizza would have to have copious amounts of cheese and chicken and bacon (protein) on it for me to dare have just one slice.

Even Ginger ale is bothering my stomach.  Horridly so.  I really and truly did not remember that pizza was a poor choice for me.  All I was thinking about was that it was free food.  SIGH.

Also, I learned the new medication is a migraine  preventative medication so I am still to take the migraine attack medication.  I did.  It is not helping all that much.  I still dream of guillotines.

Finally, I have been remiss in noting that the new mattress has made sleeping less painful from the bed perspective.  No more lower back pain; no more arm and hand pain.  So, if I am not writhing in innards or head agony, I am actually sleeping more.  My advice:  Do not wait 17 years to get a new mattress!


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

2 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

I AM NOT A ROBOT. I AM NOT A ROBOT. I SUCCESFULLY LEFT MY COMMENT HERE. I AM NOT A ROBOT.

Becky said...

I will gladly take pizza out of your hand and consume it for you.

And if I am remembering correctly, I think my parents' mattress is original. 41 years. I keep telling them to get a new one. When they finally do, they will hit themselves in the head for not doing it sooner.

And happy day for kept appointments.