Friday, February 17, 2012

A serendipitous gift...


My mother sent a quilt set for the bed in the basement living space!  And I love, love, love, love it!  Who cares what visitors or renters think, eh?

It is a botanical theme with colors that tie together the sheets I already had, the color I painted the walls, and the russet stairs that match the outside of the house (which is why I really do not want to paint them).  The way, way cool thing about this choice is that the photo was not truly representative of the colors or detailing on the quilt.  So, the purchase was a bit of a serendipitous boon!

Sometimes, I get a bit frustrated with myself that such a silly thing as a beautiful quilt that is a trifecta color match can get me so giddy, but I wonder if I should instead just revel in the matching joy and botanical joy and craftsmanship joy and gift joy and ignore my own introspection.

In any case, I am very excited about this beautifying gift.  I had been using my grandmother's wedding ring quilt on the bed.  It is a beautiful quilt, but is old and fragile.  Now, I have something durable and equally beautiful to me!

Well, one hour and twenty-six minutes until day two of taking the new magical migraine pill.  I did not notice any progress against my nemesis last night, but I was told to be quite patient about this medication...as in not even think about judging it for at least a month.  I guess whenever I grow impatient with its slow progress in waging war, I should pop on down to the basement and gaze upon this beautiful quilt for a hit of giddiness!


1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

Nice quilt. Nice piece of writing.