Friday, February 17, 2012

Trial and error...


Because of the migraines, I finally, reluctantly agreed to try the lower dose hormones.  By day five, I was weeping.  By day seven, I was imprisoned.  By day 10, I was desperate.  In the face of such a dramatic down turn, the surgeon had me change dosage before the end of the pack.  I am now at day four of the original prescription...still rather fragile and still rather frightened at the swirling dark chaos I am in the process of escaping once more.  I shall not mention the other symptoms that also started returning.

The infernally positive folk in my life chirp how this was a great confirmation of the source of my problem in this area.  If I were not so bloody weary, I would throw something at them.

For the record, I would now add Loestrin to the list of drugs for which I would term myself a junkie.

I never, ever, ever, ever want to go back there again. However, truly, I wonder if I can endure a life with migraines just to have that freedom.  Though, since I had a terrible migraine on the lower dose, I suspect that were I to stop hormones all together, my head would not necessarily stop trying to wreak havoc on my life.  I suspect dysautonomia would keep the migraines around.

SIGH.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: