Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Ruthless...


I did it.
I ripped off the band-aid in one fell swoop.

I just lugged out to the recycling bin 27 binders worth of research--three trips of lugging.  Twenty of the binders are in good shape, so I am going to try and find a home for them. We will not discuss the three bankers boxes I have of empty binders that could also use a home.  SIGH.  It is hard not to think up possibilities for them. We will also not discuss the additional 300 top-loading sheet protectors I salvaged during the process as well.

Twelve of the binders still remain on the shelf, most of which are lesson plan ideas.  I would like to go through them, transfer the good ideas to my computer, and then get rid of them as well.  The two binders I could not yet relinquish were the ones with my dissertation research in them.  All that effort garnered just one shelf of space because of how I had them stacked.

I feel as if I just trashed my Ph.D., truly.
I feel as if all that work was for naught. 
I feel as if I am acknowledging the simple-minded oaf I have become.

I was rather ruthless with myself in the process.
I am feeling rather blue now.

2 comments:

Becky said...

It is hard.

ftwayne96 said...

It must be tough, to say the least. I'm sorry circumstances are such that you feel like you need to do this. But I would suppose that your discarding these things is just another part of your coming to terms with your circumstances. Christ's peace to you.