Thursday, February 09, 2012

Lord, have mercy...


82 minutes after my last blood test, I find myself sweaty and weak and trembling.  I debate for a while, but finally crawl out of bed and go downstairs to check.  Not only am I crashing again, but I am 10 points lower than before!  I start to make an egg, but grab the Cheerios instead, thinking that they have sugar and the milk will be a good balance.  I check my blood sugar again after 15 minutes and it has not changed at all.  I start shoving the trail mix hand over fist and guzzle Gatorade.  I have not used orange juice as a rescue for a very long time, but surely it could not be the reason why I am here again? I am utterly confused.  I am scared.  I am also terrified to try and sleep though I am exhausted.  And I am wishing I didn't feel so guilty about waking someone up to be with me just now.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

I don't know if you woke anyone up or not, but we were awake at 3:30. Sue was experiencing the chills that are the companion to a high fever. If you had called I could have passed the phone to her and the two of you could have been companions in misery! Hope you're feeling better today.