Saturday, February 01, 2014

Finishing the labneh...


Remember this?




It turned into this:




Three different times, I checked on the labneh, twisted the cloth to force the cheese downward, and squeezed, so as to ensure that the center of the ball was draining better than the last time.  This is how much whey was sitting in the container I left beneath my "bag," not including the whey that came out as I was affixing my super special hanging mechanism and so already discarded.




Here is the labneh unwrapped:




And here is my labneh divided up in my lovely mason jars:




I put two in the freezer for later.  The others went into the refrigerator ... two ... because I am not sure how much I will need for Sandra's birthday meal.  After all, if left to my own devices, I could easily polish off a jar myself.  Okay, perhaps not easily, but I could work my way through it, given enough bread or pita chips on hand!

Because I had to do an off-cycle load of laundry, my labneh-making-cloth is all clean and ready for the next batch.  I really will be curious to see if I can be all responsible and non-gluttonous and make the labneh last the way I can with other tasty things—just not Peanut Butter S'mores Cookie Cups or Bluebell or Honey Nut Chex (I stopped buying the latter, though I hope to eventually work the former back into my budget).

Even though Bettina and her mother will be visiting just three days after making Lemon Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki and Feta, I am hoping that they, too, will pick that as a meal I could cook for them.  So tasty!

I got an automated call from CVS saying that the erythromycin has been sent, so on the morrow (later today) I need to fetch it.  Part of the reason that I am still up right now is that I am watching the snow.  Worrying.

I think, by now, I've earned a second Ph.D. ... in worrying.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: