Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Productive sleeping...


In between my day-long napping segments, during the past twelve hours, I have:

  • washed, dried, folded, and put away the three loads of bed linens, towels, bath hand towels, kitchen towels, cooking clothes, and cloth napkins from my stint with visitors;
  • taken out all the trash and the recycling, which involved a bit of judicious shoveling to clear a better space for the two bins in the several-feet-high snow bank (and fainting, of course);
  • made another gyro with the left-overs;
  • vacuumed the two guest rooms so that they are officially "turned over" (Becky and her mother changed the sheets on their beds for me);
  • called both the insurance company and my doctor's office about the status of the blood sugar testing supplies authorization form to help move things along;
  • carried the extra TV trays and the collection of games back down to the basement;
  • fed Amos and cajoled him to brave the snow and do his major business; and 
  • washed, shampooed, and dried my own person.  

With my Breath Right strip on early, I am ready for the night to come and roll round to the morning without much notice from me at all.  If my Round Two of new glasses were not waiting for me at Wal-Mart, I would not stir from this house (or the GREEN chair) until church next Monday.  Now that there is nothing hanging over me with regard to the visit (and no reminders that Becky and her mother are now gone ... SNIFF, SNIFF, SNIFF), I hope to at least sleep through tomorrow before dragging my still exhausted-but-oh-so-happy-that-I-got-to-be-with-my-beloved-best-friend self out to fetch my glasses.

Besides, I need to rest up for the Vietnamese recipe Marie and I are thinking of braving on Friday.
Yes, you read that right.
A Vietnamese recipe!


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: