Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sainthood...


Both Becky and Marie should be nominated for sainthood.  They are willing to brave Myrtle-in-the-morning.

Today, Becky helped me drag myself out of bed so that I could go help Marie with organizing (and some judicious reducing).  I am not a morning person.  Plus, I feel so awful when I get up, even if I do not faint at the change of position. Basically, I am a very, very, very grumpy person.  And I have absolutely no tolerance (or grace or mercy) for morning chipperness. By chipperness, I mean anything other than grunting.

Of course, I had an extraordinarily tasty lunch for my labors, but it was really, really, really, really, really great to be able to create order from chaos.  It is so very soothing to me.  My house has little left for me to do.  Truth be told, most of what I do could be called make-work.  So, having real work to do was a gift of mercy.  Tomorrow, when Marie comes over to cook, I am going to give her this bit of shelving that I have left over from my basement renovations in Alexandria.  [Yes, I moved it.  Yes, I am 99.99% sure of where it is in the basement here.]  If I am wrong about where it is, I shall fire up the circular saw and cut a piece of the scrap wood I have tucked up in the rafters of my garage.  After all, I do have some left over GREEN paint!

That bit of shelving will essentially double her vertical storage space in a key location.  My giddiness over that bit of organizing victory is somewhat dampened by the fact that I will not get to see it in place right away.  However, I would not be so selfish as to make her wait.  A photo will do for now.

I lost steam whilst I was still at Marie's house, but she didn't mind.  On the way home, I had to stop by Target for my prescriptions, since it is the first day of my new budget cycle.  I was so tired that I couldn't understand why the total was less than my budgeted amount.  I asked the pharmacist to check it twice, because I didn't want to take free medicine/steal medicine.  Finally, she was the one who reminded me that I have two off-cycle prescriptions from medication changes and two prescriptions (two bottles of Erythromycin) that I have to pick up at CVS still this month.  I sat in the parking lot for a while before driving home.

Once there, I wanted to crawl into bed, but Amos is a bit overdue for a bath.  We were both going through withdrawal having been separated all day, but he was a tad reluctant to climb into the tub.  However, he adores being swaddled afterwards.  Other than a brief visit with Michelle, Amos has been zonked out in my lap.  I did, in my fatigue, dump about half the lavender baby shampoo on him.  SIGH.  I guess that sweet smell will be wafting my way for a bit longer this time round.

Oh, how I savor a sweet-smelling, swaddled, snoring puppy dog!

On the morrow, Marie and I are trying this chicken chili I've been hankering to tackle for a while now.  Plus, we are going to cook with a new spice that Becky brought me:  sumac!  But first ... sleep!!


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: