Tuesday, February 18, 2014

If I could change one thing...


If I could change one thing at the moment, it would be to somehow remember the Zofran.

I have been battling nausea for two days, huge violent waves of it.  I only just took a pill.  I mean, I don't have the namby-pamby 4 mg dose.  I have the full-guns-firing 8mg dose.  I showered, which sometimes helps me feel a bit better with innards misery, and then took the Zofran and poured a Ginger Ale to sip.  I have been suffering for two days without remembering that I have the Zofran.  SIGH.

I have still not recovered from missing those doses of Erythromycin.  Last night, again, I was writhing most of the night.  It is very, very, very hard to have charitable thoughts about the pharmacist.  This is especially so since I actually watched a bottle being mixed.  First you shake it to get the power all lose.  Then you put in half the water and shake it.  Then you put in the second half and shake it.  I simply cannot fathom how a pharmacist could hand over a bottle with all the powder adhered to the bottom third of the bottle.  And, because I am me, I am finding difficult to have charitable thoughts about not noticing the lack of proper mixing before I took a dose.

Today, however, Target called about the new dosage of Erythromycin arriving, despite the snow, so I dragged myself out of my pajamas and fetched it.  Since I was out, I also had the blood work done and stopped by my GP's office to speak with the nurse about some Medicare paperwork.  I thought a message would be too complicated.  When I came home, I set up the email account that the cardiologist wants and sent my first message.  All my homework was accomplished.

Marie called me whilst she was washing dishes and cleaning up.  Oh, what a blessed distraction.  For over two hours, I could concentrate on her cookies endeavors and food and tutoring and the delight of she and her husband being here through the end of next Spring since Paul is getting a graduate degree.  All sorts of things having nothing to do with the waves of nausea tossing me about in this mortal existence.

So, here I am, hoping Zofran and Gingerale and further doses of Erythromycin will right my innards world.  Soon.  Soon and very soon.


I am Yours, Lord. Save me!

No comments: