Friday, February 07, 2014

Sublime...


Our meal today, Cookin' with Marie, was sublime.  Granted, it was a little too spicy for most of us, but that is an easy fix.  I, personally, cannot wait to have the pulled pork tacos again ... with less chipotle peppers.




Yes, the recipe is Spicy Dr Pepper Shredded Pork, but really the sauce combination was just sublime.  Utterly amazing!




Mmmmm ...  magical GREEN stew pot to the rescue again!

The Sweet Potato Coins were very good, but were not a good match with the tacos.  Each dish was tasty, but not what you would eat on the same plate.  For the record, next time I will peel them first!




For dessert, because I made them before Marie started cooking with me and because they are exactly the kind of dessert Becky and her mother would like, we had Strawberry Oatmeal Bars (strawberry crisp).  Yes, Becky and her mother!!  They arrived!!!

I know that others might not have liked it, but my favorite moment of the day was when Michelle, Marie, Becky, Bonnie, and I were all in the kitchen and everyone was talking and working toward our meal.  The cacophony around me was simply wonderful.  My house felt like a home, a real and true home, for the first time since I walked into the door a little over three years ago.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

1 comment:

SusanH said...

The tacos and sweet potatoes look wonderful!