Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It is going to be another late night, even though I am already quite tired.

I actually drove home with a smile on my face because this afternoon I saw the light at the end of my tunnel! Over the past two days, I have crossed many an item off my ever growing list so that it is down to single digits! I am getting close to have my work load in a management proportion, especially since I started yet another organization system to cope with all that I am juggling.

But I committed to having a rather large document done for the morning and only now realize that I have several more hours of work. I will finish. I shall finish. I am not noticing the trembling and shaking and dizziness. I am determined!

Today, for the third day in a row, God demonstrated His lovingkindness to me by sending someone to help me. Two, in fact. At Target, where I went to pick up my prescriptions, someone saw me leaning on the cart (I am feeling particularly weak today) and took over my shopping. I found two baby gifts and bought all the cards I'll need to send out until May. It may seem a small thing, but without the assistance, I would not have been able to get the gifts and I am already frustrated at the Christmas thank you cards that have been riding back and forth to work with me for weeks on end now.

Along the vein of "my cup runneth over," the practice administrator of Kashi's vet offered to mail his medicine because I have not been able get there before they close. Sometimes Kashi trembles even while sleeping, and he is still emptying his water bowls several times a day. It had taken the vet a while to order the Chinese herbs she chose for his treatment, but it has been sitting on her desk for over two weeks now. I do want his quality of life to be as high as possible and have felt badly over not starting his treatment.

So, while tired and struggling, with continuing chaos at work, mounds of obligations, and groceries still in the back of my car, I still found a moment of respite from the burdens of my job, a moment of peace from the help God sent me, and a moment of joy in the antics of my puppy dog.

No comments: