Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My cousin showed me the ultimate kindness: we came upon a dead mouse in a trap I had long ceased to check that had been dead for many moons and he removed it from my home for me. What greater compassion could one person show for another?

I fret a bit because I am so tired. I know that nearly everything I write about lately is filled with the theme of fatigue, but I am simply tired. He has been thoroughly enjoying the city, so his visit has been easy on me. And I am truly excited he is here, but I am tired and grumpy and less than cheery at times. I fret because I wish not to put the outcomes of my fatigue off on him. He deserves better.

At work, I watched my computer being troubleshooted for 3 hours. The IT people do not like Adobe software, but I depend on four of their products for our design and production work. I do not like being a source of contention for IT, yet I know that we do not have the funds to outsource all the default design and production work I do. It is a catch 22. By the time he was done, I felt as if I had run a mile.

Alas, I also railed at Network Solutions today for the better part of 3 hours today. I struggled to keep my temper when each person I talked with had a different excuse as to why an account had been created for us in the transfer process but without the domain tied to it and thus a different authentification that needed to take place before we could assume ownership of the domain from the company we acquired. For seven weeks we have been pursuing this process. Today was the last day the staff from the other company would have email and the domain would have been up. I lost the battle with my tongue, pointing out that my problem was one of Network Solution's making, not ours. Still, they hold all the cards.

That battle with them made me tired. Plus, I have eating much restaurant and otherwise not-the-healthiest food for a week. I have noticed that I felt much better when I was eating the salads and grilled meats. My mother is coming on Thursday and we already have two restaurant meetings planned, but other than that, it is soups and salads and grilled meat for me. Perhaps I might be a bit less fatigued if I ate better.

My cousin is a superb photographer. I wheeled and pleaded for him to transfer all the photos he had taken thus far to my desktop for my viewing pleasure. He is so kind: I asked for him to take pictures of a giraffe at the zoo and he came back with many to enjoy. I think I will make one of them my desktop at work...as a reminder of his many kindnesses.

No comments: