Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Have you ever been chastened and encouraged at the same time?

I didn't want to go to bible study this evening because if I am not actually doing something, I start to think about what is happening and I start crying. I hate what is happening. I hate crying. I am so very frustrated. Why?

My writing student was to intern with me this summer, so her time at work has been reduced to eight days. She came to work with me and accomplished more than many people at work I know. I was disappointed, however, that my boss failed to greet her. In fact, she did not even talk to me. Actions really do speak louder than words.

Since my writing student was with me, I decided to still go to bible study, to stave off the sorrow so to speak. Her mother drives us each week, so we raced home, threw together dinner, and were ready to go (almost).

Well, we are currently delving into Isaiah. Right now, we are still in the introductory lessons, but it is enough to remind me, even by my own words this evening, that sometimes God's idea of what is good and perfect for our lives is not what we would expect. If I believe He is sovereign, which I do, then this, too, is what He plans and purposes for my life.

I am still hurting, but at least tonight I found solace in the life I have in Christ and had a sharp reminder of where my focus should be. God has given us such a profound gift in His Word.

No comments: