Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Last night I was up until 3:30, the night before 4:30...all in the battle to keep groundwater from flooding my basement. I am thankful to report that the shopvac-pump-hose-method was a resounding success. A success because I never once had to lift that 16-gallon bucket and dump it into the bath.

~~~~
Work was hard this day. I struggled through editing the photos I shot yesterday as I thought about Friday. Since my heart was already heavy, I packed up all my personal things from my office in the afternoon. Three more boxes made their way to my car. What is left is the portfolio of my work that I have been building and some personal files. I very much didn't want to be sobbing over boxes on Friday evening.

Having my writing student at the office with me has been such a wonderful blessing to me. She is brilliant and talented and a joy to watch work. She is a buffer and a distraction. She has been a willing companion to blowing money at the deli across the street, drowning my angst in grilled chicken wraps and pizza. I could not imagine how these last two weeks would have been without her.

Plus, she is driving us to work. I have reveled in the privilege in helping teaching her how to drive. I am honored to do so...and welcome yet another distraction.

~~~~
Kashi is beside himself with all the storms...I wish I were better at consoling him...I don't speak dog very well...

No comments: