Thursday, June 01, 2006

I just arrived home from work...with more to do.

Last night, I worked until after 2:00. Then, well, I lay in bed for hours because my ankle ached. So, this morning, knowing my first (of five total) meeting was not until 11:00, I showed up at the doctor's office. Several x-rays later and a visit to an orthopedist, I learned that my "ankle" is not injured at all. I learned that my lower tibia is fractured. I learned that I should have seen him when it happened so that it could be in a cast. I learned that it is too late now to do so. And I learned that I would probably be in this boot cast for 6-8 weeks and on crutches for the first four weeks.

The crutches lasted to the parking lot. I am frankly too tired to haul myself around them.

I did take the opportunity to ask if I could work from home tomorrow to closet myself with the last of the collateral design work that has been pushed aside for other priorities for the past three weeks. I shall sleep through my commute time. I shall work in my pajamas. I shall be productive.

No comments: