Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hours and hours later, the potting bench is finally put together! I will not write just exactly how many of the final screws I put in before I remembered that I own a cordless drill. Still, I am quite overwhelmed at the gift. It is ensconced on the lower deck now.


It was pouring down rain while I finished the job, but I was determined not to be defeated by poorly written directions. Once I did finish, I decided, since I was already quite drenched, that I would go ahead and prune back the crepe myrtle and the rose of sharon trees. I have a hard time whacking off things that bloom, but the crepe myrtle was blocking the front door and the rose of sharon was covering 2/3 of the lower deck. Once I was done, I called for a special pick-up and hauled the cutting to the curb.


I suppose the pile does not look quite impressive, but it really was much hard labor on my part. By the time I was finished, all of my clothing was drenched through to my skin, but my trees look beautiful, so that is all that matters. I do need to mow. Mowing with a cast, however, is just not the easiest thing to do.

~~~~
I think you could say I am practicing productive avoidance, eh?

No comments: