Thursday, November 30, 2006

Congrats to my writing student! She has been accepted to college! Woo Hoo! Yippee! Of course, I partly claim the credit for the most marvelous of recommendation letters I penned on her behalf...and helping her with the even more marvelous essay she crafted to accompany her application.

The whole process with writing the letter was rather difficult for me. My first draft was three full pages. I cut it down to two and a half. Then I whittled it down to two. Finally, reminding myself of the cold reality that most people will not read the second page of any business correspondence, I set about getting it down to just one page. She is an extraordinary young woman, so doing so was a great challenge.

Hah! She's going to college! I am already half jealous of those who will now have the teaching of her!

~~~~
NOTE: Today, this last day of November, the temperature climbed to 70 degrees. Really, folks, doesn't that seem a little excessive? Are we even going to have a Fall before Winter arrives? Will we have a Winter? Of course, it was practically 80 degrees yesterday in Dallas and now they are covered with snow and ice!

No comments: