Sunday, November 19, 2006

Dreams can come true!

This day was marked by a great win for the Cowboys and losses for two of their three rivals! Now, if Jacksonville will manage to beat the Giants, that will be icing on my NFL cake.

Even in unemployment, I can enjoy Sundays. I can enjoy the day set aside for worship of our Lord Jesus Christ. I can fall on my knees beneath the admonishment that He is sovereign. I lose sight of this in being frustrated that I still cannot find a job, but each Sabbath that rolls around finds me still before the Lord, if only for a moment, in the realization of who I am in Him.

"Be still and know that I am God" He commands in Psalm 46:10. Much, much easier said than done.

Having football games all day long are both a blessing and a curse. I really, really enjoy football, but watching the games is another reminder of time gone by.

Yet, as I cheer my team on, holler at the refs for bad calls, hide my eyes from the wicked tackles, and jump up and down for those impossible catches...I can lose myself in the moment, forgetting all my worries and rest in the game that is football.

No comments: