Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I have been trying to deny it for over a week, but something is wrong with Kashi. He no longer treats food as his long lost buddy.

I broke down and took him to the vet today, knowing that if I did not, I would not have another chance to do so until Monday. He did not eat yesterday and had not eaten anything today until we were at the vet.

Dr. M is so very kind, she just sat down on the floor to address my beloved puppydog's concerns. She determined that his tremors have worsened and he appears to be in pain. Since he is already on pain killers, she prescribed a different supplemental pain killer, medicine for the tremors, and medicine to help with his appetite. She also gave him a shot to jump start his appetite and gave him some rather tasty, intestinal safe food. He ate about five tablespoons.

He has not eaten since.

I do not like the tremors. I do not like that most of the day his curly tail is drooping. And I definitely do not like the fact that my goat-disguised-as-a-dog puppydog is not eating.

I am most worried about my staunch companion!


NOTE: Forcing Kashi to consume four pills is a battle I do not relish repeating twice a day.

No comments: