Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I learned today that I did not get the job with MENTOR. Up until the point when I received the letter, I thought three interviews at least gave me a fighting chance. I cannot begin to express my disappointment.

Kashi has spent much of the day on the couch with me, at one point with his head in my lap. Clearly something is wrong, but I do not know what. He did eat this evening. I was able to get all three pills and his Chinese herb mixed into his food and added some strawberry frosted mini-wheat cereal for a bit of flavor. He ate about 3 tablespoons. Right now, he's slurping up his fourth bowl of water for the day. [This whole lack of eating thing makes it hard to get him to take the medicine for that.]

Normally, I would like that he is following me about and wanting to curl up at my side. It is just that doing so is not his normal behavior.

~~~~
In case you were interested, a garden in Idaho of the late 1890's might have watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers, squash, and green beans, in addition to the potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and greens. Kids would carve their names into the young melons and squash and watch their names grow larger and larger as the vegetables ripened on the vine.

No comments: