Saturday, November 25, 2006

I was so worried about Kashi last night that I got out my mini-stepper (something that has been sorely neglected even though I half stumble over it each time I go upstairs) and started pounding away my concern.

30 minutes and 2,000 steps later, I decided that killing myself via exercise was perhaps not in Kashi's best interest.

Today, I have thrown myself back into Megan's life. Of course, this means more research as she is currently trying to make changes in her wardrobe to accommodate her growing size. Did you know that in the 1890's, the prevailing pregnancy dress was known as the "Mother Hubbard" dress. It was a rather plain affair, made of calico, with long sleeves, a loose waist, and a small train in the back.

Given the work it entails, I very much am thankful that I do not live in a time when I would have to make all my clothing, when I would have to work at everything, cooking, cleaning, canning, gardening...even having to make the soap used in the laundry and cleaning. Imagine not having access to 409!

No comments: