Saturday, June 06, 2015

All stocked up...


I bribed my neighbor to take me to fetch prescriptions and groceries with a mango tea from Taco Bell.  Even with her help, I am utterly exhausted, primarily because I am battling such violent nausea.  How nauseous am I?  I did not order a single thing when we went to Taco Bell.  SIGH.

With the Cartwheel app and sales, I saved $25.99 at Target.  Everything I got at Meijer was on sale or discounted through the mPerks app.  And all but the orange juice and cheese at Walmart was on sale. Needless to say, I am thankful for all the economizing I was able to do whilst getting every single thing I needed/wanted on my shopping list.  I will say that the Woodchuck raspberry ale I got at the liquor store was not on sale, but I have waited two months to get some more.  That's sort of like being on sale, right???

I decided to not pick up the erythromycin prescription. I still have about 3 weeks worth, since I accelerate my prescription pick-up in order to squeeze in 13 rounds per year for the savings in those last few months.  I plan to go off of it for a week, just to see the difference and then try it again for a at least a week before making any decisions.  If the nausea today is any indication, I cannot see how spending so much money each month on the medication is worth it any more.  But maybe it is still helping more than I am aware.  I thought I would stop taking it tomorrow morning.

Sadly, my abdomen is so very swollen these days that I had to purchase the next size up in men's lounge pants.  The larges hurt too much to wear them.  It is rather discouraging to buy XL men's lounge pants for yourself ... even if you got them 25% off with your most favorite of apps.

In any case, I am now in possession of anything I might need before Friday's cardiology appointment.  That means I plan to rest and rest and rest and rest some more.  And, hopefully, learn to be more sanguine about the now daily violent nausea I battle.

Hopefully...

No comments: