Monday, June 29, 2015

The girl who wanted curls...


Sometimes ... sometimes those early morning abrupt waking to violent nausea nearly do me in ... both physically and mentally.  I fumble for the Zofran and whimper until it starts working.  I am absolutely thankful that I have access to Zofran.  Still, just when I think I have plumbed the depths of nausea, I learn there is more still to discover.  SIGH.




This is my grand accomplishment this day. I have been rooting four branches of the giant spotted begonia for my neighbor.  Today, I planted them.  I have been wanting to do so ever since the storm blew the airing porch door open and then knocked the vase with the branches over, spilling water all over my floor.  Because I was exhausted after cleaning up the mess, I put the vase on the bathroom floor and left it.  Today, I was determined to close the loop on this tiny project.  The new plant is now waiting on my neighbor's front porch for her to find when she arrives home after work.

You can see from the right edge of the photo that I need to make more ginger water (cold tea).  I've gone through the last four quarts rather quickly.  But potting the plant made me all hot and sweaty and shaky and dizzy, so I have been resting and just thinking about making the ginger water.




Last night I got up to tend to my bodily needs and flipped the rest of the weighted blanket atop Amos.  He was so darned happy when I got back that I didn't have the heart to take the blanket back.  If not on my shoulders, Amos is most content being smushed.  Tonight, he's repaying the favor by perching on my chest.  It is a bit hard to breathe (and type), but I do feel loved and comforted.

The cardiologist emailed back this morning, agreeing that I should try the theophylline increase a second time.  Today is Day One.  It is Day Seven for the Xanax withdrawal plan.  The constant headache has been a bit worse, but the shooting pains are much better.  I ache something fierce, almost as if I am not taking Celebrex, but I try to move about and grunt and groan when that pain is difficult to bear.  The light show behind my eyelids is better.  Another week at this half dose, then down to the quarter dose. I would be lying if I said I was not worried about the day after the next reduction.  However, I don't want to turn back, no matter how hard finishing it off becomes.

Maybe ... maybe it will not be so bad.

I did finally figure out why my hair keeps getting all tangled. I have known for a while that the long-anticipated and very much welcomed grey hair has finally started to arrive on my head.  Sadly, it is at the very nape of my neck ... not where anyone can see it.  Well, as it turns out, the grey hair is curly!





Oh, my!  The things I have done over the years in fruitless and futile attempts to get my straight hair to curl.  The worse being a perm gone bad that ended up with long locks breaking off and bright orange color.  The most inconvenient being sleeping with a bonnet blow dryer all night long ... or rather hardly sleeping with a bonnet blow dryer all night long.  I've spent my entire life being the girl who wanted curls.

Anyway, the curls keep getting all tangled due to location and being weighted down with the rest of my very straight hair.  I need to figure out how to keep the curls from becoming a rat's nest.  I sure hope this means that, eventually, all my hair will be curly!

Wouldn't that be bloody fantastic?!?

No comments: