Saturday, June 20, 2015

Never again...


I really like the forsythia.  Its yellow flowers are one of the first hints of spring.  However, it grows too quickly.  Period.




This is after three previous pruning jobs in this spring, as it is technically not even summer yet.  My neighbor complains about getting past it even though she has a weed thingy taller than her garage opposite it that blocks the majority of the sidewalk.  SIGH.




Thinking that I simply cannot continue to prune this by hand, I used the electric hedge clippers on it.  After puking and fainting several times, this blurry photo (I am still shaking) is the result.

The other result is the knowledge that I can NEVER do such pruning again.  EVER.  So, if Tim is not interested in keeping this wildly growing thing under control, I am going to having to get him to dig it up.

Excuse me, now, whilst I go lay down on the bathroom floor, castigate myself a bit, and long for the world to end.

No comments: