Sunday, June 28, 2015

Genius...


Basil Burgers.
Genius.
You should go make them.

I really would like to have these more frequently, however, I need visitors to make them.  It is hard for me to work my way through four hamburgers all by myself.  Amos offered to help, but if I gave him one or two, I would never hear the end of it.

Tonight, I gave into many hints and asked my neighbor over for basil burgers.  To be honest, I did not wish to have her adult son with us, because I oft find his autism challenging.  And we were just together yesterday.  However, I knew that it would mean quite a bit to her if he came.  I decided I could live with just one leftover basil burger.  And be patient for a little while longer with regard to the awkward questions her son asks.

My neighbor brought over not one but two desserts.  So, between her gifts and the bag of mini-donuts that I bought yesterday and the I-wish-it-did-not-have-chocolate-chips pumpkin bread, I have a freezer full of dessert options once more.  It has been a while.  My neighbor's contributions were raspberry cookies (a mix) and homemade fudge.  No, I am not going to admit how many cookies I ate before the rest went into the freezer.

Her son raved over the basil burger.  Given that he lives off of pop tarts and frozen meals (his preference), I thought that perhaps I should invite them both over more frequently so help my neighbor broaden her son's palate.  I bet he would like the Chipotle Chicken Chili.  Mmmm....I think I need to have that soon!

My other neighbor made this day less pleasant, literally hacking away on my smoke bush/tree.  I work very hard to keep things pruned on her side of the yard that hang over the fence, but it has been raining and raining and raining and I had not noticed there were branches that need judicious pruning.  She very much destroyed the shaping of the bush I have been doing for three years.  I was heartsick at the sight.  Even if, legally, she could cut part of what she did (I think that is the case), I believe quite strongly that any pruning of a neighbor's trees or bushes should not take place without at least trying to have the owner take care of the matter first.

To distract myself, I worked on my symptoms calendar that I started in February, in case any doctor would like to see the daily misery.  The good part of what I did was to plan out the continued reduction of Xanax.  Even if I cannot get my prescription lowered to the .25 pills to make cutting them easier, I will have my first Xanax free day on July 20th.  And, several months later, on October 8th, I will have taken my last dose ... if the withdrawal process continues to be bearable for me.  I was heartened to have a plan, to see the days and dosages marked, and to know there is an end coming.  Despite the physical struggles it has added to my life, I am proud that I am taking only a half dose and am making my way through this challenge, even without any professional help.

Do you think that, maybe, I should reward myself in stages, instead of just at the end of the withdrawal journey?  What, for example, could I treat myself to on the 20th (or rather the 21st) for making it through my first Xanax free day??  You know, something a bit bigger than either Taco Bell or a Panera sodium fest.

Hmm..........

No comments: