Thursday, June 04, 2015

Feathered friends...


My birthday was lonely and fairly miserable.  I did get to talk with Becky, but I was so nauseous I wanted to file a complaint somewhere.  Then, I thought about the fact that on June 1st I started taking the full dose of theophylline again so that the cardiologist, whom I see on the 12th, could see the effects of the full dose.  The symptoms of theophylline toxicity include headache, trembling, racing heart, abdominal cramps, and nausea, amongst others.  So, I did not take the second half of my daily dose last night, feeling as if three days of the medication was proof that the interaction with the increased dose of levothyroxine was causing the toxicity.  I mean, I've ran into this several times before.

Today was less nauseous.
Now, was it the theophylline decrease or just a better day.
I am so utterly weary of the wretchedness that is Dysautonomia.

Just before midnight, at this point weeping about how crappy my birthday was and being frustrated with myself for expecting my birthday to be anything special, I dragged myself out of the GREEN chair and onto the front porch.  It only took a few minutes to unplug the fountain, lift out the rock, pull out the pump, empty the basin, take the pump inside to clean off the dirt accumulated on the filter part of the pump, reassemble the fountain, refill the basin, and plug the pump back into the outlet.  Voilà!  My fountain is now happily gurgling most strongly once more.




How can you be utterly miserable if your fountain is gurgling?

Then, I texted Firewood Man a photo of the back steps in the hopes of getting a bit of effusive adulation (albeit taciturn) over my labors.  Afterwards, I was scrolling through the photos he's texted me because: 1) he knows how lonely I am and 2) he knows I like to receive photos of folk's day.

I think I should start calling Tim Farmer Man instead of Firewood Man.  His chickens are growing nicely and he's now planted a large garden, asking me for one item I'd like him to be able to bring me.  I chose strawberries.




The other day, Tim texted that he decided to get some ducks (no ... not for meat).  I immediately asked him for a photo.




In response, I texted that I needed a duck selfie.




Tim obliged.

We are not discussing his chickens that are meat.  However, the egg chickens should be laying in another month.  I am sooooooooooo looking forward to getting fresh eggs whenever Firewood Man comes to mow.




After suspecting new activity, I checked the nest on the front porch to confirm that Mrs. Robin is having more babies!!!!!!  I do wish I had known there would be more than once clutch so I could have cleaned up the area by the nest.  I am not sure if robins have a third clutch in a summer, but I hope to remember to do some housekeeping there before then.  Maybe I could put some sort of acrylic shield up there that could be washed once the nest is not in use.

As for the weather, it is back to STINKING HOT today, which is fine since I want the back steps to finish drying before the rain, now forecasted for the morrow, comes.  STINKING HOT means that I also feel less guilt and uselessness over doing absolutely nothing but resting.

Well ... resting and enjoying the sound of water gurgling and lovely birdsong.  My feathered friends in the neighborhood have been quite chatty of late.  Being so lonely, I don't mind a bit.

No comments: