Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Steps and greenery...


I think that there should be a LAW that one should not be violently nauseous on her birthday.  UGH.  It has been particularly bad, so I struggled to force myself to seal the back steps today.  However, I did it!




I am so utterly pleased with how my steps look!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, my!  The coloring still looks off on the screen verses in-person.  If you look at them live and look at the wood of the back porch near the house wall where the wear is less, the coloring is rather close.

Now, I just need to remember to put Amos on a leash and go out the front door for two days whilst the sealer dries.




Here is a close-up of the yellow flowers that I put in the GREEN pots on the front porch.  I still haven't remembered to look at the tag to see what they are ... other than pretty-yellow-flowers-I-hope-will-grow!




This is the centerpiece for the coffee table on the front porch.  It had been left in the solarium because all of those pieces you see were at the end of about six inches of dead-looking branches hanging all over the sides of the pot.  I cut them all off, dug up the roots, replaced the old soil, and then planted the cuttings.  With succulents like this, I have had success just popping cut pieces in soil if I keep the soil very wet for a couple of weeks afterwards.  I am glad that my porch is finally set for the spring/summer/fall plant bliss.  Looking at dead/empty pots is discouraging.

I have not yet put the two plant racks that are in the solarium up in the attic, but I am looking forward to having visual rest back in there.  It is fine to have a crowed solarium so that plants can survive the winter, but once it is warm outside, I prefer less ... not more.




I thought that you might want a fern bed update.  Truly there are not enough words in the universe to describe my fern bed BLISS.  This year the bed has fulfilled all my hopes and dreams and then some from when I first collected tiny ferns around my back yard beds and moved them here.

Plus, the cotton easter that I half killed three years ago is now fully back to fine form, the dead half having filled in over the past two years of solid growth.




Finally, I think that this is one of the best moss photos I have ever seen.  My mother and step-father are quite the globetrotters.  They were in Japan sometime in the last year and just recently sent a flash drive with all their photos.   I can always count on my mother to take photos of moss, one of God's most glorious bits of creation!!!

No, I have not yet taken apart the fountain to clean the pump.
Maybe tomorrow.
Or next week.

Back to resting.............................

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is a glorious photo of moss. And from what I can tell, the yellow flower looks like snap dragons.