Monday, June 15, 2015

In the cupboard...


I have saved over $100 now, using the Target Cartwheel app.  However, along the way, I might possibly have spent more money than I would had I not had the app.  Case in point:  Little Debbie mini donuts were on sale for $1.79.  The app had a coupon for 20% off, which made the donuts $1.43.  I had a pharmacy rewards card that made them an additional 5% off:  $1.36.  So, the $1.99 donuts ended up being 32% off.  So, of course, I had to buy a bag (or two).  Only, I don't buy donuts. Or at least I would not have bought donuts if I did not have that Cartwheel coupon.

Math ... it's never my friend.

Late last night, before going to bed, I made another batch of gorp.  It looks a bit odd, to me, since the M&M's are from the Easter candy sale.  However, I had a hard time finding my Reese's Pieces (I use half and half when I make gorp).  I knew that a bag came with the second to last Subscribe and Save order, but I couldn't find it.  During the course of my search, I ended up reorganizing one of my cupboards.  Whilst doing so, I found not one, but two mason jars of chocolate.

Me:  Doctor, I have a serious new symptom.
Doctor:  What is it?
Me:  I keep forgetting that I actually have chocolate in my house.
Doctor:  Well, we all forget things from time to time.
Me:  Never chocolate!!

I eventually found the bag right where it should be:  in the basket of candy bags atop the refrigerator. Yes, I looked there three times before finally "finding" it.  SIGH.

Anyway, maybe it was the gorp-making or maybe it was the fact that I ended up on my feet far, far, far longer than I had planned yesterday, with the extra cooking and candy searching and reorganizing and gorp-making.  I slept 13 hours.  I've napped almost six more today.  I am exhausted.

But I do have chocolate in my house.
Will you help me remember that??

No comments: