Tuesday, March 28, 2006

God walked before me today in such a loving way. He prepared the way for a truly easy purchase of my first door. The saleswoman was quite patient. She looked up twelve different doors (because kept picking ones that were not available for weeks on end) with no complaint. After seeing the door types I was leaning toward, she found one that will arrive in just two weeks.

Since the door/window section was empty except for the two of us, she then walked me to the door lock section and talked me through the selection process. She put the whole order together and arranged for the key person to key all four locks (I'm replacing the locks on the back door and studiously avoiding all thoughts of that door itself) keyed the same. She even reminded me to get how ever many spare keys I thought I might need.

Lowe's had also extended its twelve-month no interest promotion so I will be able to pay for the door and locks a little bit as a time over the next year with no penalty.

If you had told me that the process would be so easy and that I would be able to put off the payment until such a time I could handled it better, I would laughed at you in disbelief. However, I actually left the store in thankful prayer that this, at least, would not be the arduous repair that I usually find myself facing.

NOTE: My best friend is so very great at finding just what I need. I have made up one and only one joke: Why did the chicken cross the road? It saw some barbecue sauce and wanted to take a dip! Great joke, eh? Well, I tell it to my boss all the time to make her smile, to distract her from the stress and strain she is facing just now. However, I recognize the fact that the joke wears a bit thin after the hundredth or so telling. So, I mentioned to my friend that I needed to learn some new chicken jokes. In no time flat she found this great website: www.whydidthechickencrosstheroad.com. [She has such depth to that which she will do to help a friend out!] I modified a joke I found on that website:

Why did the Texan Chicken cross the road?
To show the armadillo it could be done!

No comments: