Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I looked and looked and looked again for a CD that was missing from its case. I fretted over the cost of replacing such gloriously worshipful music since tomorrow or the next day I will be plunking down $1,000 for my car. I bemoaned my loss to my friend. I searched the house from basement to second floor. I found my portable CD player. It was empty. I checked the jambox. It was empty. Finally, I found the CD in with another CD that was properly in its own case. Now, let me ask you: Would you think to look for a Fernando Ortega CD in the case for a Carpenter's CD?

Now that I found it, I can burn a mix of my favorite Fernando songs that my friend wants to share with her mother. Some years ago, I actually got to see him live. It was the most worshipful experience that I have in a concert. He sings with such abandon in his faith, with such simplicity of truth.

One of my favorite songs is below.


Creation Song

He wraps Himself in light
As with a garment,
He spreads out the heavens
And walks on the wings of the wind.

He sends forth the springs
from the valleys
The flow between moutains.
The birds of the air dwell
by the waters,
Lifting their voices in song-

Singing glory, glory!
Glory to the Lamb!
All praises and honor forever.

He made the moon for its season,
The sun knows it setting.
He looks at the Earth and it trembles,
He touches the mountains
and they smoke,

I will sing to the Lord all my life,
I will sing praises to my God -
As long as I live,
Praises to the Lord, oh my soul.

Singing glory, hallelujah!
Glory to our God!
All praises and honor forever.

No comments: