Saturday, March 18, 2006

I am not sure what is going on with me. I fell asleep around 8:30 last night and slept until 11:00 this morning. I had to go to work this afternoon to take photos at a youth jam and struggled to stay awake after walking around for a few hours. I came home and took a nap...and I am heading off to be soon.

I am tired.

I usually savor the opportunity to take photos, but I felt as if they were all the same photos as last year. I did capture one kid flying in the air while doing jump rope. That was cool. Many of the "award" recipient photos stunk because the kids didn't stay still and I was really in the wrong place.

I did, however, get to try out the new flash on my camera. I heard that the FL-36 was getting rather difficult to find, so whereas I would not have even thought about purchasing it until next year (and this was before the HVAC disaster), I went ahead and got it. I did figure out how to avoid the shadow on several flash photos by bouncing it off the ceiling. A few of them still had the shadows that plagued last year's photos in the music center, but they were better.

My victory of the day was finding a place that sells wood bunkbeds for my sister that is less than an hour from where she lives and has prices that are two thirds less than what she had been finding. Score one for me.

No comments: