Thursday, March 30, 2006

I yawned the whole way home today. I was tired beyond tired. But much of the way a friend pretended to be a cooking show host and entertained me almost home. Then, another good friend called, and we chatted about the brochure I am creating for her new business. That kept me up the rest of the drive.

Is that friendship or what?

My best friend is quite ill and stilled played Scrabble with me, even past the point where she should have been sleeping peacefully (well that may not be possible with her cough) because we were locked in a titanic word struggle.

Is that friendship or what?

I like to win. She likes to win. She is a better loser than I, a better winner than I. I struggle to emulate her in her Scrabble behavior (not just those stellar words she sees among her seven letters...for example, tonight she played "sagathy"...a Scrabble Bingo to boot!) and accept with greater grace the outcome of the game. Still she plays with me.

Definitely...that is friendship!

No comments: