Thursday, March 15, 2007

Could someone please, please tell me why 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup does not equal 1 cup?

I think this medicine is killing me. Okay, my demise is probably not around the corner, but my gut thinks so. Between the stomach cramps, the nausea, and headaches, I have almost become distracted from the wracking coughs.

I had been casting about for something to eat when I thought of oatmeal. Its supposed to stick to your ribs, give you a great start to the day right? I thought it might help settle my stomach. Given my present state, I also thought two servings would be better than one, since one of those packets does not seem to go very far.

Now, if you add 1/2 cup milk to one packet, wouldn't that make 1 cup for two packets? I thought so. I thought so and proceeded along that assumption. However, 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup does not equal one cup and it certainly does not equal one large bowel of oatmeal. It does equal a large bowel of gruel. There was no sticking...only slurping.

My stomach still hurts.

No comments: