Saturday, March 17, 2007

I had water in the basement this afternoon. An absolute utter disappointment. I mean, how will I sell this house if every once in a long while water seeps up from the floor? And why is it doing so?

I had painted the basement closing door frame in preparation for getting the doors back from my writing student's father only a few hours before. My father called, and while I was talking with him, I walked to the head of the stairs and looked down. Water stared back at me.

I am just so bloody discouraged right now. I do not understand why I cannot seem to find a job, nor can I move forward in putting the house on the market. It is one step forward and two backwards.

A throw rug got wet, so I decided to try to clean it in the tub with a bit of Woolite. Three hours of scrubbing later, the water still ran brown. I gave up and decided to let it dry. Perhaps I can vacuum it clean...oh, wait, remember the vacuum broke.

SIGH!

No comments: