Monday, March 05, 2007

Tomorrow the realtor is coming, so I could not put off getting the boxes from my old office up into the attic so as for the house to not appear so crowded. I had boxes in my utility closet. I had boxes beneath my desk. I had boxes in my basement closet. Boxes, boxes, everywhere.

I wondered if I would have been able to do so by myself without causing great bodily harm, so I am proud to relate that I was able to accomplish my task with only one additional scrape to my person.

The desk boxes are still in the basement closet, but four other boxes from that closet are in the attic. Also relocated are the four boxes from the utility closet, the two from my office, the chandelier, and the packing materials that I have accumulated thus far. They are in company of the five chairs, three-tier table, and bird playpen I moved a couple of weeks ago. It only took a dozen trips up and down the stairs and then the same up and down the ladder to accomplish this. The lessons I learned in Africa on carrying stuff on your head came in quite handy in trying to climb the ladder with those heavy boxes.

While I do not look forward to moving it all back down from the attic, I have to admit that the change is a positive one in not emphasizing the smallness of the place in which I live. Seriously, if someone moves in without all the antiques and the 2,000 or so books I own, he/she might think it rather spacious....that is until he/she walks into the microscopic kitchen. Hopefully the new owner will be more of a out-on-the-town person than a chef!

Can you tell I am quite nervous about the first impression of my home on the realtor tomorrow?

Now...if I could only come up with a place to live.


~~~~
NOTE: That wonderful Victorian home in Green Bay sold. I found another home in Appleton that would fit me well. Notice the green paint! I really do like several of the things about this area of Wisconsin, but I have not noticed many jobs listed in the papers there or on on-line portals. That does not bode well for me.

Nashville looked good there for a while: plenty of job listings, affordable homes, country music. However, today I learned that it has one of the worst traffic congestion problems in America.

Back to the drawing board...

No comments: