Friday, March 09, 2007

I feel as if I spent this entire day scanning and working on the photo archive project for my mother, even though I did accomplish other things...though I cannot remember what they were....

At times I nearly despair of ever finishing, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Primarily I am working on the modern photos. Most of them I care not to have, but I am trying to finish with honor. I took a break mid day to work on sorting through the personal and public documents, put them in top loading sheet protectors, and divide them between the two binders set aside for the project.

Still ahead would be the divvying up of the photos, placing each category into eight separate envelopes and labeling them as to category and recipient. After that, I will need to start burning the CDs. I have five more recipients of them, and it should take 5-6 CDs to capture the entire set of photographs. Also yet to be accomplished is scanning documents. I am not quite sure how I will find the resolve to do so.

Finally, I will have to package up each set of manila envelopes, make my way to the post office, and ensconce myself there while getting all off in the mail (including a bill for mother regarding reimbursement for supplies).

Just when I think I am near the end...I realize that I am not!

~~~~
I received a call from a temp agency about a six weeks job, working on event planning. The agent asked if she could submit my resume. It is for $22/hour, so I would almost be able to cover my expenses. However, later she called back and said the client is unsure about my abilities. I have a phone interview on Monday at noon.

~~~~
I met with the realtor. I really like her and feel as if this might be a good fit for me. Of course, it certainly helped that she was impressed by all the work I had done on my house, on my 3-inch binder of receipts, documentation, and warranty information for EVERYTHING that has been done to the house since I purchased it. She will be doing comps this weekend, so that we can sit down and discuss the contract and listing price.


At least it was a day of accomplishments...

No comments: