Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I have had an allergic reaction to the second antibiotic I was taking and have been plagued by an incredible headache for days on end. I stopped everything, but my usual medicines, took two Benedryls and crawled into bed rather early last night. Thankfully, I slept for the first time in three nights.

Today, I woke up at 1:00 finally feeling better. My head still hurts, but it is manageable. After playing with Kashi, I set about working on the yard. I mowed, weed-whacked, edged, raked, and weeded for hours on end. To top it all off, I re-set the rock edging this bed that runs along one side of the yard and curves around the back (over time they settle into the dirt and need to be dug up). The only task I did not get to was putting out some weed-and-feed fertilizer. I tell you, I just revel in yard work. While laboring long and hard, I find that my mind is cleared as the yard becomes my entire focus. This clarity is refreshing to both mind and soul.

I couldn't help but think what the next owner of this house might do with the yard. It was such a total, long neglected mess when I purchased this property. I wonder if the owner will continue my efforts or just allow it all to lay fallow.

One thought that did pop into my mind as I was working was how I was going to move all my rocks. I have quite a few spectacular ones that I have collected over the years, along with an iron statue, a metal birdbath, two bird feeder stations, and a stone bench, dragon, gargoyle, turtle, two birds, and a pair of lions. How does one pack all that into a moving van?

No comments: