Thursday, March 22, 2007

I have a plan.

Tomorrow is demolition day. I will go to The Home Depot and either buy the Armstrong Tiles or order them. If they are in stock, I will have to have the basement floor done by the 19th for the listing (open house on the 22nd).

I will pull up the boards this weekend, so that they can be ready for a bulk pick-up on Tuesday. That gives me three days to get the demolition done (well, other than the eight hours I will be making labels tomorrow and the two hours of commute).

I was thinking that I could put the things beneath the beds in the tub, along with the bedding. I will have to lug all the books out of the bookcase and get that upstairs. If I take the door off the bathroom, I should be able to get the dresser in there, or perhaps the mattresses. After everything is pushed to the side or moved out, then I start pulling up boards. I find the center of the room. Lay down the first two rows of tiles. Then continue on toward one wall. Move the furniture on the newly laid floor and then lay the other half. Then, either teach myself how to cut quarter round or see if I can hire one of those men who hang out at 7-11 in the mornings. This is doable. I will prevail.

Right?

Right?

No comments: