Friday, March 30, 2007

I actually made it home today without taking an extra train, with a seat, and only getting knocked on the head once (a hazard of having an outside seat on a crowded train). I also managed to bring home four cut down boxes and a paper box. The work room staff were throwing them out. Little did they know they were like gold to me. Now, I can choose a few things to pack away so that my home might be ever so slightly more attractive to the average buyer!

What shall I pack?

My greatest accomplishment today? I organized the private files of the CEO. They were all in a drawer, quite haphazardly. I studied them, choose five categories (correspondence, financial, insurance, personal, and travel), created section dividers, re-labeled everything, and then put the files back, alphabetizing them in each section. His assistance was in raptures over the result. At least she didn't tell me, "Good girl!" or something like that. She did leave at 2:30, so I had the rest of the afternoon to edit my novel.

It is strange, truly, that

Right now, I am in full regret mode.

I had this bit of sausage in the freezer and thought that I would go ahead and eat it. You see, I was supposed to have an electronic deposit of a whopping $82 today from last week's job. I have been looking forward all week to getting some groceries. When I checked my account on-line, I discovered that the deposit had not been made. The short of the long of it is that they are mailing a check that I should receive on Monday.

So, I peered in the freezer for something different and came across the left over sausage. Images of a breakfast taco popped into my head. I did have some lingering doubts about the meat since it has been there for well over two years. I wondered if meat can go bad in the freezer.

Given the stomach cramps that have already set in, either the meat is bad or else I am having an exceedingly powerful suggestive response. Either way, I am worried about my plans to tackle that concrete floor tomorrow.

I am going in search of some Tums now...

No comments: