Friday, March 02, 2007

One sprayer repaired and another one breaks.

My bottle sprayer, a chief disciplinary tool for Kashi, died an agonizing death today. It doubles as a portable shower for the birds. I was in the act of giving them a bath when it suddenly squirted them instead of misted them. Puzzled, I adjusted the nozzle and returned to spritzing them. A few moments later, I nearly knocked Fancy off the top of the cage with the jet stream that went forth from the sprayer. A few more futile adjustments later, I realized that the sprayer somehow died from the last time I used it (incidentally to squirt B while she was sitting in the green chair for laughs).

Dad and I went to Wal-Mart this evening, but I failed to remember to purchase a new sprayer. I did finally remember to get replacement wipers for my car (the front windshield, that is; I forgot about the wiper on the back window). My father also bought me a tank of gas. Given the fact that gas prices have inexplicably risen rather quickly of late, I am thankful for the free fill-up.

I asked him to replace the wipers, because that is not one of my skills. My friend B was the one to take care of it on my other vehicle. I may be able to disassemble my kitchen faucet, but those pesky little pins that are supposed to allow the blades to slip right out escape my skill set. He said it was too dark...perhaps later. Later means I will have to do it.

SIGH

No comments: