Thursday, April 17, 2008

After arriving at work to find another hot office, I asked (politely) to request that management send out a repair man to investigate the matter. Many hot hours later, I learned that, yes, indeed, the HVAC system is not working. A proposal for repair will have to be submitted to management and then approval sought before the HVAC will be repaired. I foresee many more hot days in my office.

I am feeling that should I finally be able to send the newsletter to the printer that I shall request to work from home on Monday and every day until the day the darned thing is repaired. I am so very weak from the heat that I am literally counting every moment until Friday at 6:00 so I can sleep away the weekend and try to recover.

Currently, I am ensconced on the couch with Fancy on my shoulder and Kashi curled in a ball at my feet, trying to restore myself with some Tillamook cheese, lightly salted peanuts, and some Orange Gatorade. Added to that is an episode or two of Dr Who (I am partly through season one), PLENTY OF AIR-CONDITIONING whether I need it or not, and, hopefully, a game of Scrabble with B!

The latter is a bit iffy, but I formerly put in my request for B time on the way home from work. Lately, we have been in some weird dimension where I win the majority of Scrabble games. While I am absolutely confident that soon the universe will right itself and I shall once more fall victim beneath her superior intelligence and skill during Scrabble games, right now playing, for her, is just not quite enjoyable. Me? Well, I am ensconced in the 600s. Her? She's longing for the 500s.

Winning is great...but then, again, you don't get to gripe about losing!

~~~~
NOTE: While B and I are heart sisters and have much in common, that shared joy does not extend to nuts. For example, she actually consumes pistachios! Ugh! While we both enjoy a snack of cheese and peanuts, she finds my lightly salted peanuts rather disgusting and I find her roasted peanuts entirely unpalatable. She will also consume walnuts and pecans. Mostly I find them obstacles to eat around, especially in desserts!

No comments: