Saturday, April 05, 2008

My D's visit went by in mere heartbeats!

Awaking to the lovely chattering of Miss Z as she comforted M whilst she was stuck in the Graco travel crib, I couldn't help but smile as she told her a story about Miss Matrisha (that's her version of my name). Given the wee hour of the morning (not quite 8:00), I half slept through changing M's diaper and preparing breakfast for both girls. D awoke and went to fetch herself some Starbucks (mine is a coffee free home). When she returned, I headed back to be to finish my evening's rest.

Unfortunately, I slept until 11:00 and awoke to discover D needed to leave by 1:00. We enjoyed a tasty meal at Panera's, but it seemed like just moments passed before she drove off into the distance.

Miss Z rode to Panera's with me, once her doll was safely buckled in the seat next to her. I couldn't help but take some photos of such a cute pair of "girls."

The funniest part of the visit was when Miss Z was racing around the corner of the dining area to follow her mother to the basement bedroom suite and came to a squeaking halt in the kitchen.

"Mommy!" she cried. "Mommy this kitchen is soooo small!"

I just had to laugh. Frankly, I feel as if my kitchen has shrunk each year I have been in my house. Soon, it shall disappear all together!

No comments: