Tuesday, April 01, 2008

How goes the job?

The commute is great. The pace is a bit frenetic and disorganized. My boss is quite intelligent and will be a great model for me. All good, eh? Well, good for growth, I would say. There is one pretty significant problem.

My office has an HVAC vent right above my desk that has been blasting hot air into the small space.

Yesterday, I came home at 7:00 (yes, I need to work on that work:life balance), opened Fancy's cage, let Kashi out, and literally collapsed on the couch. I awoke at 11:00 to let Kashi out once more, cover Fancy's cage, and stumble upstairs to bed. Heat is oh, so very bad for someone with MS.

Today, I went into work trying to remain positive. I climbed up on a chair (and a phone book) to close the lever that would block the air to duct to my office (a lesson learned while managing the building my first boss in this area owned). And I unpacked my desktop fan and planted it right in my face. The office went from intolerable to merely sweltering. I am a bit worried and am wondering how long until central management will decide that winter is over and the likelihood of us freezing has passed.

I just need to hang on...

~~~~
NOTE: I was a wee bit hot under the collar when I posted on Friday and typed 4 mistakes into my article. I corrected them...can't believe no one pointed out my bonehead typos...wonder if you can find my edits...

No comments: