Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Still stinking hot. About 2:00 I start to peter out, longing for an escape. This sweltering office problem really is an issue.

Today, I spent most of my time Googling Contribute and Joomla, trying to learning the differences between the two Content Management Systems. My choice, before the two vendor pitches, is for Contribute. The webinar I watched was quite encouraging in the fact that it seems like the learning curve would be pleasantly low.

Tomorrow, I have to wake up early so that I can sit through a presentation of Joomla. It will be the first time I have to figure out how to set up the computer and projector in the conference room. Don't you just love technological challenges?

At work, they were going to purchase a two drawer lateral filing cabinet for me. Then, someone needed a larger one, so I was asked if I would take hers. Grateful to have some more storage, I readily agreed. The woman I am swapping with drove my "new" filing cabinet into my office on a dolly this afternoon. It is actually a three-drawer one that is the perfect height for standing and sorting things. It is as if my office got a counter top!

Two drawers are now each half filled and the third will be storage for some supplies I have (I am NOT writing about the top loading sheet protectors I found...I swear they are breeding!). The two rolling file holders that had been tucked beneath my desk are now passed on to others and I am enjoying the extra space.

Once I plow through the old binders on the bookshelf, I will be all moved in and my office completely organized! I haven't the heart to ask if I can paint the walls to abandon the beach theme. If I keep with the (gulp) ocean blue and sandy brown color theme that I am sure is adding to the sweltering factor in the room, I might just collapse permanently instead of just for a few hours each evening on the couch.

While there are interesting decorations about the room, I am the only one without artwork on the walls. If I could have my green walls, my plan was to print some of my moss photos and use them. I wonder...if I went ahead and hung them, would the clashing colors drive my boss to suggest that I pick up a paint brush?

It really is great that I work for a woman who takes such an interest in creating a comfortable working environment!

No comments: