Monday, April 28, 2008

Last night at dinner, L served this rather tasty wine. It is Fetzer Gewurztraminer 2006. Now, I am just not a great drinker of alcohol, primarily because I know the dangers of multiple generations of alcoholics and addicts in my family. I also happen to despise the taste of beer. And my step-father collects wine, so I am a bit of a wine snob. All that adds up to the fact that when people offer wine with dinner, I generally decline.

However, last night I had two glasses and would have downed a third had we not finished off the bottle.

Today, I schlepped over to Target after work because I have been sneezing like crazy and my beloved Zyrtec has started to make me sleepy--well, quite drugged actually. After sneezing my way through my wonderful day with L, I decided it was high time that I tried that Claritin-D stuff that is all over the TV. After all, I want to be "Claritin Clear!"

Well, there I was, walking down the aisles when I thought about that wine. Would you believe that when I scanned the shelf I found that not only Target carried the wine but that it was also on sale for $6.99? That was $3 off what it was as Giant. More than a few bottles might just have jumped into my cart!

~~~~
NOTE: The dreary weather meant that my office was almost, not quite but almost, pleasant today. Amongst other tasks, I personally stamped 380 copies of our newsletter today. The total mailing is 1,800, but I am no longer the one responsible for doing everything myself. I signed up for affixing stamps because it doesn't really matter if I stick them on less than straight.
Being part of a team is great!

Congratulations goes out to B.
She had total victory over her laptop after many minutes (hours) of failed attempts to validate her copy of XP!

No comments: