Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Today was much better with regards to the overwhelming heat in my office. But I did find myself wilting rather noticeably around 2:00 PM. I hung on until just after 4:00 and then volunteered to drive some stuff to a thrift store. Of course, had I been a bit sharper, I would have realized that rush hour is not exactly the best time to run any errand. I spent over an hour navigating my way to the thrift store and then on to my home. Once there, I collapsed on the couch and slept until 10:30.

I have tried to talk with a couple of friends about the heat, but the just don't seem to understand how serious this is for me. I was to scream in frustration, but have not the energy to do so. Instead, I am just trying to hang on until some air-conditioning miracle is wrought in my life.

After my lengthy nap this evening, I designed a program for a benefit piano concert that is coming up in May. I am sort of pleased with my labors, but my new boss is most particular in her opinions, ideas, and vision. Being the next one down on the totem pole, I have no problem with her directing collateral development...but I sort of wish she was ever the weeist bit more encouraging. Instead, she just launches right into what works for her and what most decidedly does not work.

The situation is a bit ironic. When I work with writing students or editing clients, I always say that they need to understand that my comments are never personal...they are just about the writing...what works and what needs some further crafting. Being on the other side of the editing process might possibly be a bit harder than I have given credit to my students and clients.

SIGH

~~~~

NOTE: In case you are wondering, the healing of my finger has made some progress. The swelling is nearly gone. The pain is less. Typing is getting easier. And all the schlepping of boxes has had the added benefit of doubling as physical therapy so well that I can bend the joint significantly more than when I posted on the matter last Saturday. There is this disconcerting lump beneath the skin, but I am assuming that it is internal scar tissue given the fact that pressure upon it brings about much more pain. I must remind myself to stay away from Kashi's teeth!

No comments: