Thursday, May 25, 2006

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am taking the vacation day, but yet I am still working this evening! I turned off my Blackberry and vowed not to turn it back on until Tuesday. However, I have a project I need to get to the Printer before tomorrow morning. I stayed at the office until 8:00 waiting to get back in touch with my boss so that she could help proof the work. I made the three changes and then came home to PDF the document before using WinZip to package it for FPT via the Printer's website (For whatever reason, I cannot use any FTP site at work and always have to use my home computer to do so). And, alas, I discovered that the file on my flash drive is corrupted--according to Adobe PageMaker--and I have abandoned my three-hour plus attempt to repair it and am trying to transfer the original document from my work server to my home computer. However, the file is 49 Megs and the process is going to take a long while more, then I need to make the changes again and start the upload to the Printer process.

I want to be done...so desperately I do. Mentally, I feel like a child stamping her foot in a temper tantrum, but there is nothing that I can do. I just have to work through this before I can say that I am done until Tuesday.

What did I say I would do? Treat this all as an opportunity? Mmmm...perhaps a Dr. Pepper will help!

I think I will pop in a movie to help pass the time. Perhaps Deep Impact would be fitting? A disaster movie for a disastrous evening?

No comments: